Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sick

I consider myself to be pretty lucky. I work in public schools and I rarely get sick. When I do get sick, I am a complete baby about it. Really, I am only talking about colds, sore throats, etc. I can't remember the last time I threw-up (knock on wood). At the first sign that I may be getting sick I run to the store and stock up on anything and everything that will help. It's interesting how when I am sick it drives all other things from my mind. I mean today is the day of the new Counting Crows album and the only reason I remembered was because I looked at my blog. Isn't that pathetic?!?

When I do get sick, there are some things that I must have. First and foremost is Puffs tissues with lotion. I am a tissue snob. It's true. I carry my own box with me wherever I go. As a little side note: What's with those cheap tissues that schools have anyway? Where do they even buy that junk? Those things are awful! I know that my nose is going to get all red and irritated anyway, so I try to help it as much as possible. I also start taking decongestants as soon as possible. I think it helps. I ensure I get my daily dose of vitamin C (although I should probably do this all the time). Last time I had a cold I did the whole zycam thing. I think it helps but I bought the kind you let dissolve in your mouth...YUCK!!! They are sick. I've also done the aribourne thing. I also thought that it helped to keep my cold to a minimal duration. All I have to say is that it nice having a real job, so when you feel like your head is going to explode you can stay home and still get paid for it.

1 comment:

Shamelessly said...

What are you trying to rub it in that I do not have a real job?? Yeah you suck.

I just want to point out that you are pretty much a wuss when it comes to any and all types of discomfort, not just colds. I still like you anyway tho.