Monday, March 24, 2008

Counting Crows


Probably my favorite band ever is the Counting Crows. It's true. Their music is just classic. They have been around forever and they are still making albums. Their newest one comes out tomorrow! I'm pretty excited about that. I think it's amazing that they have been around so long and are still going strong. Unfortunately, I have only had the opportunity to see them in concert once. It was fantastic! I thought that since they are releasing a new album they might also go on tour...and they are...with Maroon 5...but not coming to Utah. Just my luck, right?!?

I think it would be a great reason to go on a road trip. They won't be to the West until later in the year, but I am going to start planning it now!


I also love Matchbox 20 and have been to most of their concerts here in Utah, and the Rob Thomas show as well. Those were some good times. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the most recent of their shows. When I went to the Rob Thomas concert I had amazing seats! (Just because my friend and I had joined the fan-club and got to buy tickets early through that.) I think it made me a concert-snob though. If I have to sit further away than the 7th row on the floor, I don't want to go. Once you see Rob Thomas that close up, there's just no going back.


Music is good. What are your favorite groups/artists?


2 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Oh I am such a concert snob and I think that I may have rubbed off on you there. I am still rather sheepish about admitting that I joined a fan club, but after I found out that they reserved the first ten rows for them it made me feel better. At least we didn't wear pink "I love Rob" shirts.

I do love me some MB20. I also quite like Maroon 5, love Fall Out Boy but would never go to the concert (too many black wearing emo kids making me feel old) and I have a crush on Chris Daughtry. However I like LOTS of different music, from rap and R&B to pretty hard rock.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Counting Crows and can tell you that road-tripping to one of their shows is incredible!
Luckily, Counting Crows are just as good, if not better, live, as they are in the studio.
Tell Adam that you made a road-trip all the way out to see him and he may be a little more personable than his usual self.