Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pore Sucker

I have developed a new hobby...I guess you could call it that. A few days ago Sam and I were out shopping. We were looking for something specific and the store I thought would have it, didn't. They suggested we try Dollar Tree. So, we rushed over to Dollar Tree (it was almost nine and we assumed they would be closing soon). Although, they didn't have what we were looking for, it was an entertaining shopping trip. If you haven't been to a dollar store lately, and you have absolutely nothing better to do, you should go walk around one. It had been a while since I had been to the great edifice that is Dollar Tree.

We decided that since we were there we would walk around the store. We found a few interesting things to buy...sour nerds (a big box), these delicious sweet tart licorice rope things (they were cheaper here than other places we had bought them before), and there were other entertaining things. For example, did you know that Dollar Tree has a refrigerator section? Me neither. If you wanted you could buy some fish from the dollar store. The best thing that we bought was a pore cleaner. That's right, for only one dollar we were going to have the cleanest pores on the block!


Needless to say, the pore cleaner didn't work. But it did provide some fun for the night. When we got to my house, I opened the pore cleaner. There were some short instructions, most of which warned against over use saying the pore cleaner could cause "purple scars or spots" on your face. Let me explain. The pore cleaner was basically a handheld vacuum for your face. We did have a concern that we might get pore cleaner hickeys on our faces. To safe guard against that, Sam offered to try it on his stomach first. Once we got the pore cleaner turned on we gave it a go. It really didn't have enough suction to do anything. Mostly it just vibrated our skin. We had a few laughs over it, and then Sam tried to attack me with it. Later, when my brother came home, he also tried the pore cleaner. We were hoping he would get a face-hickey so we could tease his girlfriend, but it didn't turn out that way. All in all it was a great find. The shopping trip caused us to visit more dollar stores, and we did eventually find what we were originally looking for (thank you Honk's). And some other fun things along the way, none of which are as great as the pore sucker.

5 comments:

Shamelessly said...

I won't lie, am I the only one thats a little frustrated about the fact that you never say what you were actually looking for and finally found?

When you first started talking about a pore sucker I thought of the biore strips that we were gonna do for kicks and giggles. I still want to compare blackhead forests with you some day LOL.

D. said...

We were looking for the elementary school paper...you know what I mean?

Shamelessly said...

Ohhhhhh...

You're wierd (in best Willy Wonka impersonation).

arly said...

Maybe you're a "poor sucker" for buying it! haha Actually, I love to cruise dollar stores myself. There's actually quite a few in my neighborhood. So if you visit...wink wink.

Anonymous said...

My ex girlfriend discovered that while they didn't have enough suction to do anything to pores, they did have enough suction for, um... other things. I won't go into a lot of detail, but she definitely enjoyed this little device.