Friday, March 7, 2008

Spring Ahead!


I am so excited for the time change coming up...this weekend! I am ready for the warm weather and for the night to be light when I leave work. Everyday I work I look outside and say to my co-worker, "This is what it is going to be like at 6:00 next week." It's so great! I can't really say that I have a favorite season, but winter may be my least favorite. Although, I think it is important to have the cold to appreciate the warm. There are some good things about winter. I know that Tracy made a short list a while back...I was going to add to it, but wasn't in the blogging club at that time. So, I am going to say my favorite things about winter:

1. I LOVE coats/jackets...you have no idea unless you really know me. I have quite a collection. One down side...getting them all dry cleaned at the end of the season. I made two fabulous coat purchases this year. LOVE!!!

2. Your car is like a refrigerator...I keep a case of water bottles in my car and it's icy cold when I drink them during the winter. Sometimes they are a little too icy...

3. I like my winter shoes better than my summer shoes. Boots baby.


4. Snow is really pretty, just so long as it stays off the roads. That first snowfall really is spectacular. The world looks so white and clean. It's just nice.

5. There are long breaks from school during the winter (that means time off of work for me). I know summer vacation is longer, but the breaks during the year are really nice and refreshing.

I suppose those are my top 5 resons for liking the winter. I guess it would be nice if it could just be shorter. We've had a really harsh winter this year, something none of us are used to anymore. I am so ready for the spring!


This blog is dedicated to Tracy for telling me how to add pictures.

3 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Thank you for the dedication Di. Thats really kind of you. I blushed. I really did.

I do have to say I do love coats and jackets. But I would much rather wear flip flops and sassy open toed heels any day of the week over any boots.

Lore said...

I have to admit I like the "bigger" clothing in the winter that covers my belly. I am with sissy on the cute open toe shoes over boots, but I am with you on the coat thing, I have a ton!

SuziQ said...

I do like sweaters and boots, but I'm tired of winter already. I'm ready for flip-flops and T-shirts!