Thursday, March 25, 2010

Heater Saga

So, we finally got the work on our old GE heater done. I guess it wasn't work on it so much as just replacing it completely. Well, it did get replaced, and so our basement is warm. Unfortunately, our upstairs is still cold.

I'll be brief in my ranting. I did yell at the company at least one more time before anything got done. They came at 8:30 one night to replace it. They got it half done and then Sam and I went out of town. They were scheduled to come back monday and do it...apparently scheduled appointments mean nothing. Oh wait, I knew that. They DID call us tuesday night to see if they could come by...it was at 11:30 pm. Like we would want them coming at that time of night to work on it. Genius pantses!

And they actually came wednesday afternoon to finish the job. Yes, Sam missed more work. But it's done. Now if we could only get the Lennox fixed. We did call the warranty to have another company come to check the Lennox. they almost sent CDM over again!!! Seriously?!? Hopefully we'll have better luck with this other company. Such fun!

5 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Maybe you should just turn your oven on and open the door and run your dryer at the same time. I think you have a better chance of being warm and with way less hassle :)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Soon I would think it would be warm enough that it won't matter, and maybe that will make it easier to get people over to fix the heater.

Lynda/Mom said...

Cold in spring is the worst because you are ready for it to be warm and it isn't. I hope you get it all fixed soon. Aunt Lynda

liesel said...

I'm sure it will work perfectly as soon as you need the AC. What a pain!

Mary Ann said...

While I'm glad that you finally got the furnace in the basement fixed, I'm a little sad that we won't be roasting any more hot dogs and marshmallows in your wood-burning stove. I guess we'll just have to go to the canyon for that.