Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break

So this year for spring break, Sam and I went to California. It was a good time...overall. We stayed with Sam's sister, thanks! His nephew is super cute. Loves to scowl at people...it's so funny. He'll totally scowl at you and then laugh and smile.

Here are a few quick highlights of our trip:

- learned a new, and kinda funky way to play rook...I was called a "Rook Purist."
- ate home-made fried ice-cream...a delicious treat.
- went to the beach a couple of times...the water was cold, but still fun and beautiful.
- went to the fashion district, very interesting...they sell a lot of tight jeans and shirts, purses, shoes, and yes they even have lingerie stores...skank-a-licious...we bought nothing.
- stumbled into the fabric district...much more my speed. Crazy amounts of fabrics there, crazy prices. It was great! There were quite a few items that tempted my there, but I refrained and only walked away with serger thread for me and my mom...only a dollar a spool. (Talk to me in person and I'll rave about the fabric district for 20 minutes. I told Sam we're going every time we go to Cali from now on...lucky him!)
- I finally ate the infamous Tito's Tacos, pretty good...a Rosenthal tradition.
- drove by Bubbi's house...I hear it looks the same.
- and we watched the Biggest Loser, of course I've been keeping up with the season...yay for voting Melissa off!

That's my spring break in a nut shell. Ironically, the only picture we took was when Sam's car hit 100,000 miles on the drive home. Yes, I was lazy when it came to taking pictures. Oh and thanks for dinner, Mare! It was great! Oh, I guess the last thing to mention is that Megan performed a 15 minute concert on her "drum set," including such hits as, "Santa Wants You to Love."

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I can't believe you didn't buy any "skank-a-licious" lingerie. :)

Lynda/Mom said...

Nice summary. Can't believe you didn't by fabric--what restraint! Aunt Lynda

Nicole said...

Fun trip! I'll need to take a look at that fabric district someday. Sounds like fun. Oh, and I really like that you clarified that you bought nothing at the "skank-a-licious" lingerie store. :)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Sounds fun, and interesting. Glad you made it home safely and enjoyed your Spring Break. My kids aren't getting older an big, they will always be little. (I wish....and yet, I don't).

MaryAnn said...

Sounds like California was fun for you. Thanks for the brief visit to my house - we loved having you!

Sandy Brunson said...

I've seen some pictures of the fabric distric on a crafting blog I follow. I can't believe you didn't buy anything. I want to go with you next time!!!! Or at least have you pick me up a few yards of material goodness.