Monday, March 15, 2010

Warm Weather

Today was such a nice day! Yay! I got to go for my first outside run...and I made it a long one. It was so nice to actually go somewhere on my run instead of trying to keep my balance on the treadmill at the gym as I watch whatever movie they happen to be playing at the time. And they do not always pick running-friendly movies. Ever tried running to "Bedtime Stories?"

I don't know if you have ever run in a "cardiocinema," but it is not the easiest thing. They make it all dark and have a movie playing on a big screen. It took me a while to get used to running in that type of a setting. It makes me totally off balance. I think it might be caused by the glaring red lights on the treadmill contrasting with the darkness of the room. At first it made me sick to try to run in there with the red lights in my peripheral vision. Eventually I got used to it, but there were plenty of times that I almost fell down due to a loss of balance...so fun!

Just glad it's actually warm enough to run outside again...at least for now.

5 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Enjoy! You know about spring in Utah, and that there is usually at least one good snow in April. It is nice in Vegas and is going to be in the 70's for at least the next week. You should have a good time this weekend. Aunt Lynda

Sandy Brunson said...

Why on earth do you run in the cinema room then? I'd boycott that and run in the regular old gym area. But then again I don't do much running these days. I haven't made it to the gym in about two weeks. Shameful of me!

D. said...

It was a goal of mine to get used to the cinema...it's actually kinda nice (now) to have a big movie to distract me. The TVs in the regular area look so small. I am so looking forward to a couple good runs in Vegas this weekend!

MaryAnn said...

We are suppose to be close to 80 this weekend - so it should be nice and warm for your runs. Kind of wierd to subject yourself to those balance issues but whatever makes you happy.

scott said...

Two post in two days? What's up with you? I am not complaining it is just so abnormal. Yesterday was really nice, Mary Ann and I went on a walk, I guess we'll leave the running to you!