Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas

In keeping with tradition, I took no pictures during the Christmas break. I will refer you to Sandy's and Dad's blogs to check out some photos. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not a picture taker. It's something that I have to make a concerted effort to do. So, anyway. Christmas was great! I love my family! My friend told me that playing games with my family is my "happy place." It's true. I love it!

So, the other highlight of Christmas was that my niece, Lauren, learned to say my name. Has she been asking for me, MaryAnn? She's cute, and despite what you all think, she does not just call me "Di." (That's an easy one for kids to say, so they usually pick it up fast.) She calls me some version of "Ana," it maybe sounds like "Iana" a little bit. Guess I'll have to go to Vegas for a visit soon so she doesn't forget it.

6 comments:

Shamelessly said...

So I checked out the pictures on your dad's blog. You guys look like you have a blast! I'm amazed you can fit that many people into your house! So just one question... PLEASE do tell me what you and Sandy are singing with the hand-motions and all. I just don't think my imagination is doing it justice.

MaryAnn said...

She has asked for you. She asked for you on the plane and then tonight when we were over at the Dillards she saw a picture that I guess she thought looked like you and she pointed to it and said your name. You will have to come visit soon - we would love to have you!

Sandy Brunson said...

I am jealous Lauren learned your name and liked you so much she is asking for you! And I think games with the fam just may be my happy place too! So sad I live in Colorado...

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Or try, Alabama!

MaryAnn said...

She is still asking for you and quite often. I think just being hoem with my family is my happy place - it does not matter what we are doing.

Barbara said...

What fun--to have your darling niece asking for you!!!