Monday, January 19, 2009

The Gym

I don't know what it is, but when people are working out they think that allows them to show their worst-self...my interpretation, more skin than we want to see. So, today, since I didn't work I had free time to go to the gym at an earlier hour. I saw, for the second time, one lady who dresses fairly odd. She's quite petite, and I guess in her mind, that means she doesn't need many clothes. She wears a halter top shirt that barely covers, black leggings pulled so low...well you don't want to know, and of all footwear, boots-pink and black fluffy boots. I can understand some skimpy clothing in the gym if it was really hot or something. But it's winter. It's not that hot in there and I've never seen her do cardio, only weights. She does have nice tone in her arms, I will give her that much.

Unfortunately I happened to see her bend over to adjust some equipment today, and yes, she had, what some might call, a "plumber's butt" (no offense to any plumbers). But it sure wasn't cause she had a big belly. Ultimately I would like to see people wearing more clothes at the gym, show some respect for those of us who accidentally look your way! (Note to self, do NOT go to the gym between 3 and 5 pm).

3 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Don't you just hate it when people are all getting their "Michael Phelps" on and think that you wanna see? Next time just hollar out, "Hey lady, the pubic bone is not a doorstop for your pants!!"

Think that will work?

liesel said...

that is one of the biggest reasons why I do not go to the gym. the other is simply because I am not motivated. at all. But I am very impressed with those who are (especially when they wear things that can comfortably fit the definition of clothing).

Megan Campbell Carter said...

I'd go to that gym, just to hear Diana actually yell that specific phrase at someone. lol.