Sunday, January 18, 2009

Las Vegas

I know I have totally been slacking on the blogging. Did ya miss me? Yeah, I thought so. Some of you may know that my life has been a little crazy.... So I took a vacation. I came to Las Vegas to visit my sister and her cute kids. They are so cute! It has been a good time and very relaxing, which is what I was looking for. Maybe a little too relaxing...I think I'm going to have to spend 3 hours in the gym tomorrow and I'm not getting on a scale for at least a week. Anyway...

Here are some of the highlights...sorry there are no pictures. I totally left my camera in Utah...oops. Anyway, mostly what we did was shop. We went to a new mall here in Vegas, Town Square. It is really nice, an outdoor mall. They have a great play area and we had a lot of fun playing with the kids. Also MaryAnn and I scored some sweet deals at the Ann Taylor Loft store. Clearance with an extra 25% off...too good to be true. But, since I had just paid tuition before leaving, I didn't over spend. Most of the money I spent was on MaryAnn and kids and food. Yeah, our lunches were the most expensive parts of our shopping sprees. Pathetic.

My favorite parts were the warm weather. I think I'm thawed out now...just as I'm about to return to home. Hearing Lauren say her new words, "Ariel" (this one you have to see, she holds her mouth in an O when she says it...so cute!), hearing Lauren's low grunty-laugh, seeing Megan answer for Lauren when in the car (she does a really high voice when she's being Lauren), and hearing Megan sing the Little Mermaid songs. Yes, folks, we have another niece headed that way. Thanks to: Tim, for buying that movie for Megan, it is well watched, and Shannon, for the infamous princess book. Without these two items my trip would not have been what it was. Megan only wants to hear the princess stories and only the ones with princes in them. So funny!

So, knowing that I am going to have to wake-up wicked early tomorrow to catch my plane and looking forward to the homework that I didn't even bring with me, this trip draws to a close. I am glad I had the opportunity to get away for a while, although things are still as confusing as ever. What can ya do?!?

4 comments:

Shamelessly said...

So I'm seriously jealous but I'm glad you're coming home!! I hope that your vacation gave you a little time to relax and reflect!

As for the background, don't I know you love yourself some heart stuff. You know it takes all of thirty seconds to change the background, slacker!! I'm glad your sister helped you out lol.

And lastly, looking forward to dinner tomorrow and I'm glad you decided to blog!!

MaryAnn said...

Thanks for coming. I was thankful to have someone else to read the princess stories - there is only so many times you can read about Ariel and the prince, or Sleeping Beauty and the prince, or Snow White and the prince. Just remember, true love conquers all!

liesel said...

Its nice to have family in Vegas. When I go down there, MY sister gets to tell MY daughter princess stories!

Sandy Brunson said...

I'm glad the trip was good. And those girls are cute for sure! Hope things get a little less confusing in the near future. I also love some Valentine paraphernalia. I told Jacob that the other day as we were in target and I had to look at it all. I'm a sucker.