Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Must be Old

When I take the time to think about it I realize I'm in my late twenties. However, it's not something that I think about often. Occasionally I have a wake-up call that makes me realize just how old I am. The other day I was shopping for some new school/work clothes. It's that time of year. You have to buy new outfits in the fall, it's just the way it works. Anyway, I was wanting some new slacks so I could look semi-professional when I go to work. I was becoming frustrated as I tried on pants and didn't like the way they were looking. Most of the time I can tell I won't like the pants (or any article of clothing) just by looking at it. I mean, I've lived in this body long enough to know what I'm going to like on. Anyway, as I went to yet another store I found some slacks that looked like they might work. I went to the dressing room and it turned out they fit quite well. They were long enough and not too tight.

While wearing these pants at work the other day, I realized that they are totally old-people pants. I mean, they were so not the type of pants I would normally wear. They were a "straight-leg" cut. I don't know why they are called straight, because what it really means is that they are tapered. Well, I still like them and I will still wear them, but it just made me feel really old.

6 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

oh no you didn't~ You bought tapered pants. Unacceptable. You are officially older than me!

FOODIE said...

You have to wonder why it is that old people pants always seem to fit better than the "cool, in style" pants that never fit unless you buy a bigger size than you should and DO normally wear!

Shamelessly said...

Oh. My. Gosh.
Tapered???
I don't even think I can know you.

candiceshawnshepherd said...

Too funny... at least they don't have the elastic waist- right? :0)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Tapered...What does that mean? You were still able to notice that they weren't the typical style of the day...you aren't that old!

SuziQ said...

You won't find me in tapered pants...but I realize I'm old when I go to the store with something specific in mind and can't find it because it's "old-fashioned" and out of style!