Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Denver

So, I'm on vacation in the middle of the week, I know I am the luckiest person in the world! Well, me and my BFF, Casey. We made plans this summer to come to Colorado to see the Counting Crows in concert. Here's the reason. Casey and I are opposites in every possible way. It's true. She loves country music...me on the other hand, not a big fan. I love Mexican food...she thinks black pepper is spicy. Despite these and many other differences, we get along famously. We served together as missionaries for 6 months. Most of you might not know, but that is a really long time to be with one companion. It was great! We got home from our missions and kept in touch and are still great friends.

Anyway, one of the few things we have in common is our love for the Counting Crows. When they came out with a new album, we were anticipating they might go on tour. They are, but they did not go to Utah. Colorado is close and I have a sister that lives here, who also loves the Counting Crows, and gets along well with Casey, so we decided to make a trip of it! Yay! We got here late last night and are flying home late Thursday night, but it's bound to be great!

One thing about taking a vacation in the middle of a work week is that it totally messes your days up. It feels like it should be a weekend to me. And, yeah, Casey loves to sleep in. Since I took my sister to work early-ish this morning, I am up with not much to do.

3 comments:

jacob said...

I hope you have fun while you are here.

Lore said...

One word... Lucky!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Glad to chat briefly with you today. Where's my candy cane? Or at least a picture of one...hint, hint.