Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hello Yogurt

So the other day I went to this new yogurt shop with some friends. It was good. It's kind of an interesting idea (at least I've never seen anything like it in Utah before). You pick your size and then you fill it with some yogurt (they had maybe 6 different kinds) and then your put some toppings on it and then they weigh it and you pay 38 cents per ounce.

After getting our yogurt we sat on the couches in the store to enjoy it. We were sitting in front of the yogurt dispensers and so we got to observe all the people that came into the store. This group walked in that were two big Polynesian guys and their wives. When they came into the store some other couple that was already there started chatting with them (apparently they were all friends). A little while later this other couple came in that were probably in their 50s. For some reason the wife says to me, "I think I better get in front of them," pointing at the talking Polynesians.
I agree with her thinking they might be talking for a while and I wouldn't want to wait for them either with the line moving ahead.
And then she adds, "There won't be any left when they get done."
I quickly explain to her that I thought they might be talking for a while...blah de blah.

Can you believe it? I mean who says things like that? She was talking loud enough for me to hear and we weren't that close to each other, there's no way those guys didn't hear what she said about them. I was rather appalled at her nerve or maybe her tactlessness. Just plain rude. I hope that they didn't think I was agreeing with her because I thought they would eat all the yogurt, honestly, I was just thinking they would be talking with their friends for a while. Sheesh!

7 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

oh....that's tacky! Really not okay. And it makes me wonder how many comments like that are uttered about me. Hmmmm... perhaps not the most pleasant thought.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

THAT IS AWFUL! You should've shot her down. I asume you were eating frozen yogurt? Sounds yummy.

MaryAnn said...

That is a horrible thing to say. I am realizing more and more that there are just some strange people in this world.

Grammyzanne said...

There are in deed some VERY tactless people in the world. Unfortunately all my good and clever responses come much too late to be used.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

That was rude....but that place was a little bit fun. :)

Mary Ann said...

You should really try Red Mango frozen yogurt. It's super delicious, and I'm pretty sure the customers there are way less rude. :)

Jenny R said...

It always amazes me that people feel the need to be nasty. I feel sorry for them - what must they think of themselves to feel the need to insult others that way?