Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Break

I realize that it has been a while since I have favored you with a post. I was out of town and then home for a few days and then out of town again. It was fabulous!! The worst thing about a vacation is coming back to work...yuck.

So, I went to Colorado first to visit my sister and her new baby and the rest of her family. I also have a sister living in Fort Collins that was down for the occasion. My sister's newest baby, Aubrey, was being blessed. I just want to let you know that my sisters have super cute kids! Thus, my fear of living up to those family expectations. All of my nieces and nephews are really cute. I fear I may have to adopt children, therefore having the ability to hand-pick my children and their cuteness. Anyway, it was fantastic to see those members of my family. Also, kids are funny. My seven-year-old nephew described himself as a "total weird-o." I was asking him some questions for a homework assignment. The Colorado trip was really fast. Especially considering the eight hours to get there. But it was worth it.

After being home for a few days I went to Las Vegas (this trip has actually been planned for a while). I have another sister that lives there and went to visit her during spring break. It was a fun and warm trip. That's the second worst thing about going on vacation: coming back to cold Utah. While in Vegas I ate a $7 fried cheese triangle, went to see Phantom of the Opera, played with my nieces, bought some summer clothes, watched the Belagio Fountains, went to Madam Tussuad's wax museum, watched Sam waste $20 dollars in a slot machine (so boring), and celebrated my niece's third birthday (I bought her a black baby doll...she named him baby boy). That niece turned three today and she is super funny! My favorite quote from the week is, "Kallie and Whitney and they have hair and THEY HAVE MY CABBAGE PATCH DOLL!!!" Good times!

4 comments:

Lore said...

Good to see you post again! Sounds like you had a great trip. I'd love to get out of town, I guess I should have thought of that before I went back to work.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Well, even though she's not my niece...my favorite was definitely that too.. THEY HAVE MY CABBAGE PATCH DOLL!!! lol...that and every stinking time kiki came up. lol.

SuziQ said...

Yay, Di's back! Glad you had some good trips, I'm jealous!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Here's a link to some pics, until we actually swap them. lol.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020693&l=69a03&id=122802528