Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Facts About Me!

I was inspired by John's post of random things about himself. It was amusing so I decided to give it a try. It's a lot harder to think of things like this than I expected. Thus, you only get a list of 15. Enjoy!

1. I'm named after an actual Princess...it's true.

2. I like to run to screamo...thanks Sam.

3. I have the tastes of a 3 year old...some of my favorite foods are pizza, and macaroni and cheese (with or without hot dogs in it).

4. I have an obsession with coats...to date I have 7 winter coats...yeah I know. No one really needs that many. They are quite fabulous however.

5. I got ran over by a bicycle when I was 14 (I think) years old...it did leave a pretty sweet scar, which has virtually no feeling in it. Ooh and it was my best friend's brother on the bike so then I thought I was really clever and when he would make fun of us after that I would say, "Oh I'm so hurt. You've scarred me for life!"

6. When I was 24 years old I found myself semi-waiting for a missionary...24 people. Heavenly Father likes to make you eat your words sometimes I think.

7. I like to eat cheerios in my yogurt...that's an Arly-ism. It's delicious. Try it. Granola is also fantastic!

8. I've worked at a fabric store for nine years...taking a year and a half break. It's only very part-time now, but I just love the people. And I think my mom would kill me if I quit!

9. Due to my work experience, I have a whole lot of fabric. Seriously, a lot. And not a lot of time to sew. I did get rid of some recently...it went to a good cause so I don't feel too badly.

10. I like to scrapbook. This may not be that random to a lot of you, but it is to me. I never thought I would be a scrapper...but I am. And I like it.

11. I love, love paper. I get that from my mom. I like the smell of it and they make some wicked cool paper these days. That is originally how I got into scrapbooking...I guess.

12. I was among a small group of women that were told, by a prophet, that some of us would not get married in this life. Some of 20...that makes my chances of fulfilling that prophecy a little higher than I would like.

13. I love the smell of office supply stores. I could also look around an office supply store for hours. I also love the smell of shoe stores. Good stuff.

14. I can stick my finger way down my throat without gagging. I guess my gag reflex is pretty non-existent. I don't gag when I get a throat culture either. Weird.

15. I went through a phase where I would watch "Oklahoma" everyday with my sister, Karen. Well, maybe not everyday, but we watched it a lot! We would sing along with all the songs, taking turns to be either the boys or the girls. We would fast forward over the dream sequence...awful! I don't know how they ever thought those were a good idea.

11 comments:

arly said...

These are great facts. Some I knew, some I didn't. I had cereal in yogurt just this morning, actually. I was telling a 50-something coworker about it and she said, "Wow, I've never thought of that." I thought that was funny. I also could wander in office supply stores forever. And stores like Home Depot or Crate and Barrel. Or candy stores. :)

jacob said...

Yup, you are your sister's sister. I very much appreciate your appreciation for office supply stores. I sometimes just go shopping at Office Depot just for fun. Who does that?!?

Mary Ann said...

Apparently you are not your brother's sister because Scott gags at just about everything.

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh...I had almost forgotten about the Oklahoma days...

But most of those things weren't that random for me.

And I was going through all my scrapebooking paper the other day and thinking of the "drafts" and how I would really like to do that again. Maybe we could arrange it when I come out there next...just for old times sake.

Sandy Brunson said...

Turns out I meant scrapbooking...not scrapebooking. Whatever.

MaryAnn said...

I too like office supply stores. I use to get to go to the office supply show at BYU where I would get TONS of freebies and I loved it. It was like a kid in a candy store. For some reason my favorite are pens.

Lynda/Mom said...

THAT was fun, Diana. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more. Aunt Lynda

Shamelessly said...

You left out your unusual, irrepressible need to SMELL vinyl.

Your one itchy eye-lid.

AND your super secret love of tanning beds.

Too funny.

candiceshawnshepherd said...

Those are great! I still feel awful about #6 :( Stupid brother- I still tell him to try not scar anyone, every time I see him on a bike- mean, I know! I have so much scrapbook stuff and I never get around to using it- maybe when they add an extra hour in the day, we could get together and try use some of it! :0)

Barbara said...

Fun stuff!! I remember the "scarring incident!" You guys are brave revealing these things--it's such fun to find out all these unknown details.

Strupp Family said...

Hey! I just found your blog on Sandy's (this is Kim (Croft) Strupp, BTW) because I was reading about her fear of losing her ring and then mentioned you. And I thought "what!? Diana, too?" I'm so out of the loop. Anyway, I just want you to know, after reading a couple of your posts: I didn't have a gag reflex either. And I still don't, too much. But let me tell you--if you get pregnant and morning sick? Wow, you gag at EVERYTHING. It's weird. It went away after the sickness, but not fully...just thought you might like to know :)

Congratulations on the engagement! Beautiful ring!