Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Pie

For those of you that don't know, the best pizza place in Utah is, by far, The Pie Pizzeria. Oh so delicious! I love it! Seeing as how I love pizza anyway, it's not too hard to please me. But, when my family did the conference weekend pizza challenge, the pie did win. And by the time it was entered in the challenge it was kind of cold. The closest one is in Sandy, I think. But I go to the one in Salt Lake by the U campus. It is great! It's in the basement of a building and it's a pretty unique place.

So, tonight, a group of us, 14 to be exact, made the trip to The Pie. It was definitely worth the wait. I don't even know how long we waited. The line was pretty long. And then when the workers found out that it was a group of 14 of us, they were kind enough to kick other people out so we could all sit together. Well, they maybe didn't kick people out...they were already on their way.

I used to have a philosophy about The Pie, and I think I need to remind everyone what it is. You can only eat there once a year. It's true. I'm pretty sure that it could be the death of me if I tried to eat there more often. Don't worry, I haven't. Let me just say this, after eating two or three pieces of the cheese pull-apart and one slice of pizza, I was ready to burst. It was delicious though. Their pizza is loaded with toppings. I'm not joking. You take a slice out of your pie, and the cheese and toppings from the surrounding slices ooze onto the pan...and there are still plenty on the pizza. It's fantastic! Mmm...so good. Can't wait until next year!

By the way, some people I have met are disillusioned about pizza places. Navoli's does not hold a candle to The Pie. For real people?!? What are you thinking. It's like comparing...well it's too late for me to think of an analogy. It's just ludicrous, that's what it is!

7 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Like say apples and apples--er I mean bananas?

LOL.

Laura Stringham said...

Amen to that. Except I eat there plenty more than once a year. We have two of the, close to our house now and you don't get the atmosphere, but the original pie isn't all that kid friendly anyway. Have you ever ordered the 24" monster pizza? I have to carry it home in my trunk.

Sandy Brunson said...

That sounds like a little bit of heaven right now! Mmmmm....I do love pizza.

Lynda/Mom said...

We ordered a big one for the family a while back, and, shamefully, ended up throwing some of it out. I love the Pie, and I think once a year is a good limit, but my family wouldn't stick to it. Aunt Lynda

D. said...

When I went with the group of fourteen, four of the people ordered the 24" to share, and then one couple ordered it also. That's right, just for the two of them! Crazy right!?! And they are both tiny and hardly eat anything.

liesel said...

mmmm... I haven't been in a while, I need to go back.

MaryAnn said...

Only time I have had their pizza was at the conference pizza challenge - I guess I need to go there some time. Tim knows it from his days at the U and says that it is the best.