Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love, Twoo Love

OK, so I'm not really sure if that's how you would spell "true" the way the priest on "The Princess Bride" says it, but you get the idea. So, as most of you probably know by now, I'm engaged! Yay! I know. I am so excited. And so, as to some requests I'm blogging about it so you can see some pictures of my fabulous ring! I love it! And I love to show it off.

But, before the pictures comes the story. Alrighty...so we were planning to go to dinner and the temple on Friday the 13th. (By the way, I have always loved Fridays the 13th.) So, we were driving toward the Bombay House...great restaurant...probably my favorite. But instead of heading toward the restaurant, Sam went left to go up Provo Canyon. I looked at him and he said, "We're just going to go up the canyon for a little while before we go to dinner."

We drive for a little longer and then he pulls into the parking lot for Timpanogos park. We get out of the car and he starts leading me towards a pavilion. So, it's still quite snowy in the mountains, and there is a definite path where you can see people have walked. The closer we get to the pavilion, the more he kinda pushes me off the path into the deeper snow on the sides. I'm thinking, "Does he not realize that the snow is pretty deep here? Does he think the path is only wide enough for one?" I'm pretty focused on watching where I'm walking and eventually I just started walking behind him. We walk a bit further and as we get closer to the pavilion, there are stairs leading up to it. On the ground where the stairs start there were rose pedals sprinkled around. We get to the pavilion and there is a table set up. It had a nice white cloth and this gorgeous bouquet of flowers, some wine glasses, chocolate covered strawberries, a space heater, and a blanket. I sat right by the heater and put the blanket on. Then he poured some hot water into our glasses and we made some cider (there were packets of cider too...obviously). We just talked for a while, while drinking our hot cider, and eating some strawberries and then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was great! Seriously, it could not have been more perfect.
I apologize. You can't see the ring very well in this one. I'll get some pictures from Sam's Mom's camera and then you'll get a better look at it.
The flowers that were on the table! So pretty!

Oh, and the reason that he was pushing me off the path was becuase he could see the table up ahead of us. I didn't notice it until we were right there becasue I was looking down the whole time. I just thought that was a funny part of the story.

17 comments:

candiceshawnshepherd said...

What!?! Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you two. We have to have you guys over sometime! Your ring is gorgeous!!!!

Shamelessly said...

Congrats guys!! I'm glad the drama is over and you two are so sickeningly happy. Seriously I have never seen two people with such cheesy smiles and I couldn't be happier for both of you.

And the ring is LOVELY... coming from one who has seen it first hand.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

You didn't tell me about the pushing you in the snow bit. That is funny. I love your ring, from what I can tell it is perfect for you. Look forward to seeing you in April.

jared and mary 2 said...

Congratulations.

Leslie said...

Congratulations! Love the ring.

Grammyzanne said...

Congratulations Diana and __________! For those of us not in on the loop, would you please fill in the blank - and any other info you would care to share. What a wonderful engagement story. _______ seems to have thought of everything to make it a wonderful and memorable event.

Laura Stringham said...

I too love the ring. Congrats. And Aunt Suzanne's comment is still making me laugh.

D. said...

It's Samuel Rosenthal...to fill in the blank! Thanks Tracy, I'm glad that you think we are sickeningly happy! I am really happy and also glad that the drama is over!

Lore said...

YEA! Congrats! I am glad it is out in the open now.

Jenny R said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is really great - you do look very happy. Best wishes!!!

Austin's Mommy said...

Congratulations, Diana soon to be Rosenthal! That's very exciting. What a great story and a beautiful ring! Some things (or people) are worth the wait.

JErb said...

haha- that's great. congrats! keep the posts coming.

Jeremy and Jill

MaryAnn said...

I'm glad the drama is over as well - although I was never really involved in the drama. Please post some more pictures of your ring. It looks really pretty, but it is hard to tell from that picture! Congratulations guys!

Austin said...

Yay for details! Yay for getting married! I'm so happy for you! Being married is awesome! Your ring looks gorgeous, and so do your flowers (I LOVE lillies, AND princess cut diamonds!). Congratulations!

Mary Ann said...

Congrats, Diana and Sam! Scott and I think you are both fabulous!!

arly said...

Yay YAY YAY!! That's wonderful. Many congratulations to you both! (All the best ones are named Samuel. I'm looking forward to updates. Wishing you all the best!!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

I think everyone is glad the drama is over. ;) John and I always knew who'd win.