Friday, August 8, 2008

Hair

We might as well admit it right now: we all have quirks about us. If you deny it, you are just lying to yourself. Everyone else around you knows it's true. And yes, we are ALL strange too. There is no such thing as normal. With that said, I wanted to share one of my quirks.

I have some strange opinions about hair, I guess is the way to say it. I think hair has appropriate places, and when it is not in those places it is unacceptable. For example, hair should not be left in the shower, on the walls the floor or any other place that it will be seen by the next shower user. (I had some Mongolian roommates once and finding their black hair in the shower made me crazy!) Hair should not be left on the bathroom floor, counter top, or sink. It's just not okay. Clean up after yourself, please. Now, here comes the extreme part of my opinion. I really think that every human should shave their arm pits. For real. Guys, hairy arm pits are repulsive. I don't want to see it. I can accept hairy legs and arms for the boys, although if we (girls) have to shave I don't see why you get off scot-free. I won't even start to talk about hairy chests and, perhaps the worst of all, backs.

I attribute a portion of this opinion to my first real boyfriend. He was a lacrosse player and would shave his legs, because if you get a leg injury and wrap it when your legs are hairy it really hurts to pull it off, or so I'm told. At the time that I dated him he didn't play lacrosse, but I guess the shaving habit stuck. And I liked it.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I am mostly in agreement with your hair opinions - minus that guys need to shave. Maybe that should be the determining factor for who you marry - who is less hairy, Sam or Scott?

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh...I like the way Mare thinks! Also who do you consider your first real boyfriend...the lacrosse player? I can't decide who that might be.

Laura Stringham said...

Awesome. Hair is gross. I make an effort to tolerate it, but it's hard. You should look for someone who is at least a good part native american or latino. No body hair, but they never go bald. It's a good combo. Next time you're at a Mexican restaurant, check out the guys.