Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 3: umm...

So there really hasn't been much change the last couple of days.  I know I thought it'd be awesome to do daily pictures and updates, but it kinda looks the same.  I'll post a few pictures and point out the changes for you.  It seems like they are a little stuck on the electrical changes that need to take place.  Yeah, our kitchen was, apparently, the central location for all the wiring in our whole house.  You think I'm joking?!?  Not so much.  So, currently things are at a stand still. 

This week has been a fun one, however.  Got my tires rotated today and had to buy two new tires, even though it has been less than two years since I bought my tires.  My car's alignment was pretty jacked up...got that fixed and am looking forward to another repair.  Something to do with a bent something or another that has to be replaced!  Good times.  Next week should be better.  Only 7 more work days til summer vacation...WAHOO!!!


See the fancy new can lights they've put up?  Not that they actually work right now...but hey, I guess it's progress.  And I think they tore the ceiling off since the last post.

Remember those dry wall patches in the entry hall way?  Those are being mudded and will eventually look like the rest of the wall.  Cool! 

So, yeah, that's basically all the progress I've seen the last couple of days.  Might be taking more meals at our parents' houses the next couple of weeks.  It's gonna take a while before things are less dirty (dusty) and more usable.  Hopefully, in the end, it'll all be worth it....

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Well, at least there has been some progress. The lights will look great, and I'm sure you won't miss that exposed drywall in the entryway.

Lynda/Mom said...

Oh, yes. It will be worth it! Chin up and keep going. Lucky your parents live close, or it might be Little Ceasars til you got sick of it. Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

I do remember the patches in the entry way. At least there has been some progress. It could be worse.

arly said...

Ooooo, I just love DIY projects. We did a few in our apartment this month. Looks great. We need to paint so bad, though. Anyway. I missed the blog URL change so I didn't realize google reader was missing all your posts! I just caught up. Made me happy. Loves.