Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lazy Days

I feel so totally lazy today.  I need to go to the gym but so far I've just been lying in my bed.  In fact, I even ate my dinner in my bed.  That's how lazy I feel.  So many things I should be doing but instead I'm blogging...

It's still cold outside.  Fortunately it's not snowing.  It's just super windy which makes me really cold.  Here's a couple of my favorite things from the week:

  • the first thing is the grand opening of Winco!  It's just down the street from my house.  I am a huge fan of Winco and have been since my mission in Oregon...so long ago....  I didn't brave going to Winco during the day Monday, but Sam and i made a trip that night at 11:30.  It was great!  The lines were short and we got all the deals and, of course, some of my favorites from their amazing bulk section.  Man, I love that place.  It makes me feel like I'm in Oregon when really I'm here in Utah.  I forgot how much I love it.
  • secondly, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid."  I've been wanting to read these books for a while, but the first one was always checked out from the library.  (I can't read books out of order, so even though the third or fourth one would be in, I never got it.)  I knew it would be an easy read, what I didn't know was how funny it would be!  It totally made me laugh out loud.  Good times!  It was kind of nice to take a little break from reading "Lord of the Rings."  I would honestly recommend those books to anyone, although I've only read the first two.  It makes me want to see the movie.

  • last, but not least, is merely the fact that I've had good gym attendance this week, excepting today...but I'll go...eventually.  I've even been really good about doing cardio, even though it depresses me that it's too cold to run outside AND it's May 6th.  Guess you can't have it all.

10 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I'm sure it will warm up eventually. It was VERY windy here today. I don't enjoy Las Vegas' windy springs but at least it's not really cold.

SuziQ said...

Averie and I went to see the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie...it was pretty good. I'll have to get the books to read with her.

Lynda/Mom said...

WinCo by your house? I could get used to that in a hurry! This late spring is making me a bit crazy. I have a veggie garden poised to go in Summit and I don't dare plant anything. Aunt Lynda

Megan Campbell Carter said...

My sister in law love Diary of a Wimpy kid, she said she laughed really hard. They are funny books.

Mary Ann said...

You're entitled to a lazy day every once in awhile. The thing I love most about WinCo? It's a mile away from us, and we don't have to go through any lights to get there. Nice. And tomorrow is supposed to be 70 degrees. Yay!

Sandy Brunson said...

I want a WinCo!

Lore said...

I am planning a trip to teh WinCo today.. it is between work and where the boys are at daycare, perfect.
BTW I think we have most of the Whimpy kid books.. you can barrow them if you want to, no late fee if you return them after teh deadline.

John L. Carter said...

First off, are you lazy or pregnant.?.?. Second, those books have always looked funny to me. Third, I think you obsess about the gym too much, you typed, "...excepting today..butt I'll go..." That's the wrong kind of "but" and my grammar sucks.

liesel said...

I am crazily excited about WinCo too. I missed it more than I thought. Unfortunately don't live so close to one. I'm right in between two, but not very close to either. Glad its in Utah though!

Laura Stringham said...

First off, John is hilarious.

I have a place deep in my heart for WinCo. Who knew that a bulk foods section could make a girl so giddy?