Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 14: the fun conitnues

So, it seems like an eternity since we started this fun little remodel.  Though there aren't many pictures to be shown, a lot has been done.  The electrical work is finished, which is a miracle!  Most of it Sam was able to do himself.  I'm sure that will save us a lot of money.  So, I didn't take pictures of the day to day work on the wiring.  Not all that much to look at, I promise.  Yesterday the construction guy came over to start putting our house back together.  Yay!  He thinks he'll be done by Friday (in a couple days)...I think it'll be great if he's done by Friday the 11th of June.


See!  Our can lights are in (wired by Sam) and we have a ceiling!  Yay!




And this was a wall that we tore down. (Kicking myself for not getting before and after pictures of this wall.  It had some amazing texture on it.  A Quarter inch thick in places.  We decided it'd be easier to build the whole wall from scratch than try to sand the texture off.)  So the wall is half built up again already.  Happy day.

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Nice to have a husband that is handy and can do things like that. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

I'm pretty sure we got some random pics when we were there monday..looks much better.

Lynda/Mom said...

So, I thought the ceiling in the kitchen was going to be high. Did you rebuild the loft? I'm sorry, I just can't figure it out. Aunt Lynda

Mary Ann said...

That's a lot of progress since Monday. Yay!