Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mr. Beaver and Lucy

So, I have a bit of free time on my hands...I know, I can't believe it either. So, I thought, "Now will be a great time to post those fabulous Halloween pictures and blog about the sweet party."

First, I have to thank John and Megan for putting the party together. It was so fun. I love the idea of an adult trunk-or-treat. That's right, folks, we had an adult trunk-or-treat. You should be super jealous. I think we should continue the tradition as long as we continue to be childless...what else will we do for Halloween???

Earlier in the month, Sam and I were trying to think of cool Halloween costumes. I said, "I know! I want to be the White Witch from the Chronicles of Narnia." Sam replied,, "I'll be a potato beaver!" It was the funniest idea and I knew John would love it, so I sacrificed my great idea to make his costume. I didn't think I could make two in time for Halloween. I know, how noble of me, right?!? (For those of you wondering what in the world a potato beaver is, I'll explain quickly. It's the beavers from the old school Chronicles of Narnia...fabulous show. Thank you, BBC. If you don't have time to watch the whole movie, my brother does a pretty superb highlight reel.)

So, the moment you've all been waiting for (pictures):





This is Scott as the drunk Mexican, and Mary Ann as Brigitta...you should've seen her little introduction.



Friends Of mine, Josh and Amber...I think their costumes are obvious.



John and Megan as Mulder and Scully....Great costumes! Especially with the musical entrance.



And two more of my friends, Michael and Nora...again, a pretty obvious costume. If only they'd gone as Bob and Jillian like I suggested.



Sam did win three awards for his costume, 'Best Costume,' 'Most Original Costume,' and second place for 'Scariest Costume.' Good times!

Oh, and I won 'Funniest Costume.' I guess the pickings were pretty slim!

Oh yeah! In case you want to do a side-by-side, check out these pictures from the show:

Lucy, in all her beauty.



And, the original "Mr. Beaver."

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hilarious! This post and pics just made me and Scott totally bust a gut! The side by side was my favorite part. I love cute Lucy and creepy beaver! :)

Megan Campbell Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Campbell Carter said...

Oh don't worry....John and I plan on keeping it up...maybe even with kids. Would be a fun family activity. I posted mine just a little bit after you, so I'm glad you got it in...because I didn't want to ruin your costume debut. Check ours out...it might sound and look familiar. lol

MaryAnn said...

Pretty funny! Looks like a good time!

ShamelessPhotography said...

Bwa ha ha ha!! You found a fur coat after all? So funny! I really enjoyed Mulder and Scully too.

Lynda/Mom said...

Glad you guys had a great time. Nice to hear from you again. Aunt Lynda

LyndiLou said...

What a fun party idea!!! You guys look awesome! I'm glad that you had fun! :)