Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to school...or...work

So, this yeah I've been assigned to interpret at a junior high. Today was the first day back. It was just the 7th grade today. The halls were crowded and I had to keep reminding myself that it was only going to get worse. Apparently the 7th grade class at this school makes up almost half the student body...unreal.

7th graders are so sweet and innocent...for now. They go to their classes on time and when the teacher is a little late getting in, usually for taking some extra time in the hall to direct the little lost kids to their class, they just sit there quietly. It is so different from high school and probably even the older ages in the junior high. It was a fun day. I can't believe how old some of the kids look and then there are the others that don't look old enough to be there.

All in all, I really enjoyed my first day back to work, minus the pain the I get in my arms. Guess that's what I get for not interpreting during the summer. It's worth it though. I love my vacations!

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

You are lucky to get such a nice vacation from your job. It was good to see you - thanks for swimming with us and playing with the girls.

LyndiLou said...

What a great job!!! I didn't know that's what you were up to! Wow! :)

7th grade... it was sooo long ago, but still sooo fresh on my mind when I read about it!

Mary Ann said...

I hope the drive wasn't too bad!

Lynda/Mom said...

Your Grandpa Lawrence loved junior high/middle school kids the most. I always thought they were unbelievably obnoxious, but I'm sure my experience with them was only when I was one of them Have fun this year. Aunt Lynda