Friday, December 5, 2008

Another Reason Not to Have Kids

If you haven't read Tracy's blog, you should. First I must make a disclaimer...this "list" is sarcastic. While the thought of having children terrifies me, I'm sure that I would get over that and have a few...IF I happen to get married before it's too late for such things. I think that this "list" started because there is a lot of pressure in my family to have cute kids. Not that anyone is to blame. Have you seen my nieces and nephews? They are super cute! Yes, Tracy you are mistaken, I am the aunt of the cutest kids. So, with this pressure to keep up the family tradition of cute kids and the fact that having children scares me I developed a habit of responding with, "There's another reason not to have kids," when I hear women talking about child birth, etc.

I think if there was a written list most of it would be about the pain of child birth. The rest of the list would probably be the effects of child birth. For example, one of my friends said that her nose got bigger after having children. If it's true or not, I don't know. But, my nose is plenty big as it is. I don't know if I could risk it getting bigger. On the up side, one of my young women leaders quit growing hair on her legs after having children. I guess that would be a bonus to having children, shaving is a pain. So, I guess all in all, if you ever hear me say, "there's another reason not to have kids," don't take it too literally. I'm a funny girl, I make jokes!

6 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Did you write this the 5th, then not post it until today? Very funny! I hope you'll have the opportunity write your own list of "reasons not to" from experience one of these days. Aunt Lynda

Sandy Brunson said...

D--there is a lot of pressure! I agree. Especially after viewing MaryAnn's new photos of her family. Also "I'm a funny girl, I make jokes." Where did that originate? I can't remember.

Shamelessly said...

I'm a sweet girl I like candy...

Yeah it cracks me up when you say that stuff.

SuziQ said...

My feet got bigger, no lie, but I don't know about my nose. :)

Like I keep telling you, it's OK, you won't even know if your kids aren't cute because you'll think they are no matter what! ;)

scott said...

Every one says you won't know if you don't have cute kids, but I think I will know. Do you really feel pressure to have cute kids? I don't.

MaryAnn said...

I don't know about your nose getting bigger. Boobs, yes - for sure, but nose? Never heard of it happening. Let me tell you, there are some advantages to the pregnancy/birth experience, but I will have to tell you about them later. Not appropriate for a public blog.