Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where has February gone??

I must say that time does go faster the older you get. I know that when I was a kid months were not this short. Strange how that happens.

For some reason I don't feel like it's February. Perhaps that is because I took a sweet vacation at the end of January...it totally jacked up my life...at least when it comes to my sense of time. So, here are some ways this internal time change has screwed me over: One of my very good friends has a birthday in February. I was on the ball at one point and totally bought her a present at an after Christmas sale. Needless to say, her birthday came around and I totally forgot about it. I EVEN talked to her ON her birthday and did not say one thing to her about the fact that it was her birthday. For that I am deeply sorry. I hope she will forgive me for being so flaky. But wait, that's not the best part. I went to a party at her house this past weekend. We were discussing the day that she was down here (her birthday) and I said, "So were you down for some one's birthday in your family or was it just a big dinner?"
She so sweetly replies, "I was down for a birthday."
"Oh," i comment, "Who's birthday was it?"
She in turn gives me this look like I am the biggest idiot in the world...which I was. And then she says, "It was mine."
At this, I apologize profusely and repeatedly. Wow! I am retarded. That present I bought her was totally forgotten. Yeah, if you haven't had that experience, I highly recommend it. It was a good one!

Another friend's birthday is coming up and I almost did the exact same thing. Fortunately this recent experience was still weighing heavily on my mind and I was able to realize that this other birthday was nearly here. PHEW!!! That was a close one.

I am so excited for the spring, but to me it's like February was never here! Did I mention that I taught the Visiting Teaching message from January, thinking it was the right one? I basically rock!

3 comments:

Shamelessly said...

LOL!!

How I love this post. I love it mostly because I have done that whole birthday thing to Ber. More then once I might add. Theres just something about having a birthday that close to Christmas that just shuts my brain down.

You will have to have Shorty read your blog just so she gets HOW badly you feel about it. Too funny.

FOODIE said...

HA HA!!! I almost forgot Shamelessly's birthday, I visited her at work and then all of a sudden remembered. I tried to make up for my stupidity but she quickly caught on and called me on it. Hey, at least it was ON the day, so I can say I have never forgotten! I still love her though, regardless!

I am counting down the days until February is over for sure! Just a tip for March...the little magazine that comes in the mail this week called the Ensign, has a message in it you can share and you won't look like QUITE the dork!

Good work my friend!

Lore said...

Ok, that is funny, but look at the bright side, you got your VF done... I believe I am shooting for Friday to set up my appointments.