Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorry,Mary Ann. I was going to include a disclaimer, but I didn't. I do feel bad, and I hope that you don't hate me. But, really, you had to know that was coming, right?!?

And yes, it's the last movie that they are making into 2 parts. Where, apparently, Harry is going to become a genius with the wisdom of an 75 year old wizard who has spent a long time studying the life of Tom Riddle. He's going to magically know that Riddle is attached to Hogwarts and would want to use items from the founders of the school to turn into horcruxes. AND he's going to know all about Voldemort's pet snake and everything else that Dumbledore told him in book 6 that was crucial to the destruction of said wizard. Can't wait to see how they pull that off! Should be interesting.

6 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh D. Lighten up! I'm sure it will be fine. You just have to learn to appreciate the movies for what they are and the books for what they are. Two seperate entities.

marydalene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marydalene said...

I agree with Sandy. I can enjoy the books AND the movies because I can appreciate them separately. There are limitations in BOTH media.

MaryAnn said...

Okay - I guess they did leave some important stuff out of the movie, but I am sure they will make it work. And I still liked the movie.

scott said...

While I accept the idea of treating movie and book as seperate entities I have never been able to do it. For that reason I didn't like the movie much, I can enjoy the special effects, but the more books I see made into movies the more I think that it is just nor worth trying. The book is ALWAYS better than the movie. I am with Diana on this one!

candiceshawnshepherd said...

I totally remember that movie- it's called Greedy. I actually haven't seen it since we watched it... I'm gonna have to see if it's still floating around my parents house:)