Friday, July 17, 2009

Harry Potter #6

So, earlier this week I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I must say I was quite disappointed in the movie, but not in the crowd. As always, the movie seemed to leave out all the important parts. I really don't know how they can merge into the story of book 7 with what they included in the movie.

But alas, the midnight crowd...which is what I went for was delightful. There were some great screams for the upcoming Twilight movie, especially for Jacob. And I loved the lady two rows back who was absolutely sobbing at Dumbledore's death. I mean you had to know that was coming,right? You read the book, I'm sure. Why else would you be attending the midnight showing? Yes, the crowd did not let me down.

I will say that the part I hated the most was the scene with Harry and Ginny in the room of requirement. If you've seen the movie, you'll know why. Wow! That was an awful line. So bad! I think I'll have to read the books again to remember why I like the story so much. The movie...just does not cut it.

9 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I am going to see the movie tomorrow - I will have to let you know what I think. I am re-reading all of the books - I have only read them once. I really like the books. Hopefully the movie will not be too much of a disappointment.

Nicole said...

Dumbledore dies!?! :-)

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Agreed and I'm really sick of hearing people say how great it was.

Austin's Mommy said...

I heard they split number 6 into 2 parts. So the current movie is only part 1 and it left it open for part 2 to come out in a year or whatever. Not so, huh?

MaryAnn said...

I saw it today - I liked it. But it has been a long time since I read the book. I don't remember many of the details. Maybe I won't like it so much after I re-read the book. And it is the last book that they are splitting into 2 movies.

Mary Ann said...

I too was disappointed with the movie--Scott and I went to the 10:30pm showing tonight. But I was even more disappointed when I read your blog this afternoon, and I was still 50 pages from finding out that Dumbledore died. Just a suggestion--NEXT TIME YOU REVIEW A BOOK OR MOVIE ON YOUR BLOG, PLEASE INCLUDE A NOTICE AT THE TOP THAT YOUR POST WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Sandy Brunson said...

I thought the movie was pretty good. Of course not as good as the book and I HAD to pick up the book and start reading again too because I knew that would leave me fully satisfied.

Laura Stringham said...

I was afraid that the movie wouldn't be very good, but I have to see. I mean I can't NOT see, it's like a compulsion. Thanks for bracing me for impact.

Lynda/Mom said...

Maybe I won't see--I missed the last Harry Potter, and I haven't seen "UP" yet. Aunt Lynda