Saturday, October 25, 2008

Gotta Get Big

While getting big is certainly not one of my goals, it is for my friend. Because of this I got a gym pass again. Yay! I do like to workout and I always feel great after I've had a good workout. Shoot, I even like the soreness the next day...or two or three.

I used to be pretty good at working out regularly. Then I stopped (about 2 months before my pass expired). I decided that since I didn't use it those last two months, it wouldn't be worth it for me to renew my pass. But now that my gym-going friend is home, I got another pass. (And we got a good deal. Only about $15 a month!) It's so much easier to go to the gym when you have someone to go with.

I went yesterday for the first time in months. I am so feeling it today. On the upside, I'm not as weak as I thought I would be. For example, the first time I tried benching I think I lifted the bar (yes, only the bar...it's 45 pounds) maybe two times by myself. Yesterday I was expecting about the same, but I did probably 20 reps myself. I was proud.

Anyone wanna start a biggest loser competition again??

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Good for you, Diana! It is so nice to have someone to exercise with, so I'm glad you're back on track. Maybe I can report some good exercise stuff one of these days. Maybe. Aunt Lynda

Sandy Brunson said...

Word! Nice job on joining the gym. I'm pretty excited because the 24 hour fitness I just joined is only about about a year old. All new equipment. I really was getting excited about it just waiting to pay my money. And I got a pretty decent deal too...about 16 a month. Now if you were just here to help me stay motivated.

Also...what is with this "friend" business. Unless it's the Alanis Morisette kind of friend..."best friend with benefits."

Shamelessly said...

I almost wanna get a pass now. I feel left out. Everyone is going to the gym all of a sudden. Then I figure I just wait a month and most of you will have stopped! LOL

SuziQ said...

I just head downstairs. Much more likely I'll do that than get in the car and drive somewhere to work out in front of people. Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. More power to you, Di, for doing it!