Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mr. Miyagi Knew What He Was Talking About

As predicted, this summer has kept me from blogging very often...or at all. But that's a good thing, I think. I'm glad to know that I have better things to do than sit at a computer. A few weeks ago I decided to wash my car. You know, the good old fashioned way. Drive it onto the lawn and get the hose and a bucket and get to work. It was...well, hot. But afterward my car did look nice.

I went up to Sam's house, he had also washed his car. He went to extra mile though. He decided to wax his car, by hand. If you've never had this experience, I don't recommend it. We thought it would be a good idea to wax my car as well. It took so long! It's hard work to wax a car. I really think that it could be good training for fighting. I am putting a lot more stock in the immortal words of Mr. Miyagi, "Wax on. Wax off." That circular motion gives you a shoulder work out like you've never had before. It SUCKED!! (For those of you that know me, you know that working my shoulders is by far my hate-iest type of exercise. Yes, hate-iest.) Needless to say, after that fun experience, Sam and I realized that waxing two cars at the same time is not the smartest thing ever. If you do want to wax your car, get a friend to help you, but don't do their's that same day.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

What kind of wax did you use? I use to wax my BMW all the time and did not think it was that bad - course I only did that one car and it did not have a roof.

Lynda/Mom said...

So nice to hear from you again, Diana! You know you need to keep those shoulders beautiful. Did you get rain? If so, I'll bet it just rolled off that beautiful wax and didn't leave a single water spot. Aunt Lynda