Sunday, November 18, 2012

Six Months

Brinton's 6 month birthday was this last Thursday.  These last 6 months have gone so fast (at least looking back on it...there were times it felt slow).  I can't believe how big Brinton is now.  He's eating solids, and liking it...mostly, he rolls over...but only one way, he loves to use his voice...sometimes by screeching in your ear, and he loves his parents.  He has the cutest laugh but not very many people get to experience it...he is fairly conservative with his smiles and most definitely with his laugh.  He enjoys music.  He loves "Popcorn Popping," and "Happy Family."  I'm not sure if it's the songs he likes or the actions.  I know "Happy Family" doesn't have actions but I sign it to him when I sing it.  There are other songs I sign when I sing, but not as consistently as I do that one.  He loves to suck on his fists and anything else he can get in his mouth.  He likes sounds of all sorts and he LOVES to blow raspberries, which is less fun when it happens during his feedings.  I tried to have some pictures taken of him on his actual 6 month birthday, but despite my made-two-weeks-in-advanced-appointment, it didn't happen...yes I'm bitter about it.  So all I have from the actual day are a few pictures I took myself, with my phone.  Hopefully we'll get some real pictures one of these days...can't wait too long.  So here are a couple of pictures of the big boy:


And just for a fun comparison, this was taken the day we got home from the hospital.
 And this is from the Fourth of July (obviously), so he was almost 2 months.
 We love our cute little boy, it's hard to remember life before he was here.  Now if only we could get him to sleep through the night....

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Brinton is definitely a cutie and has an adorable smile! Just be glad that you don't have Hannah around during his solids feedings to instigate and encourage his raspberry-blowing. :)

Jason&Shannon said...

I can't believe his 4th of July picture with his scrawny legs poking out and now to look at his rolls. We look forward to the pictures...send some our way!

Sandy Brunson said...

Yeah, he is a cutie! And changed so much from when he was so so tiny. good thing right!?! They change so quickly.

MaryAnn said...

He looks so different - in my mind I still picture him as the little guy he was last time I saw him. I guess I will be in for a rude awakening when I see him in December.