Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012

I can't believe how fast time goes by.  Wow!  Another year gone.  I know I have been totally slacking in the blogging world.  And this post will be as boring as ever.  I have no pictures so if you'd like to read some rambling, feel free.

We did do some things this past year...I'm just not sure what they were.  I know we visited some family.  Made another trip to DC (it was great as usual).  We didn't do any major home improvements (much to my dismay, I wanted to paint downstairs and do some fixing up there, but it never happened).  I suppose all in all it was a good year.

This next year should bring some fun and exciting changes.  Two of my sister-in-laws are pregnant (one is Sam's sister, the other my brother's wife), and come June our family will have one more as well.  No, we are not finding out what gender our baby is prior to birth, and yes, I think that we will be able to prepare just as well.  I'm getting excited...although it's definitely taken some time to get used to the idea that I'm pregnant.  I'm not sure I'm there yet.  Perhaps it would help if I was showing...maybe.  I obviously don't know when it will be real to me, since this is my first time.

Anyway, I've definitely made some resolutions, but none of them are too exciting or impressive.  Mostly they are just personal improvement goals...boring for you, but I'm glad to report that I've already made a good start.  At least this year I DO NOT have the resolution to lose weight!  I guess that might become a mid-year resolution.  Maybe the next time I post I'll have some pictures of something....

7 comments:

liesel said...

yay!!! congratulations D! So excited for you! It starts to get real (being prego) for me when I can start to feel it kick. Its weird and surreal and cool all at the same time.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I think after the ultrasound it seems more real, but agree with Liesel that feeling a baby move inside of you is definately when you start connecting with the pregnancy. Good luck, glad to see you post. Love ya!

Sandy Brunson said...

Ditto to the comments above. Feeling the baby move and really knowing it's the baby and not gas or whatever. It took a while for me to discern between everything going on in my abdomen.

MaryAnn said...

Nice to hear from you!

Nicole said...

OH goody! Congratulations Diana! I'm really happy for you.

candiceshawnshepherd said...

Don't know why I haven't seen this sooner, but I'm glad I found it! CONGRATULATIONS! That is such great news- Shawn and I are so excited for you and Sam- let the madness begin;) Hope you are doing well!!

Mary Ann said...

What?! You're pregnant?! :) Not sure why I never saw this post before today. Congrats!