Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Break

Fall break was fantastic this year!  Sam and I went to Washington D.C. to visit my sister and her family, and of course, to see the sights.  My parents went with us, or we went with them, but we bought our tickets first, so they went with us.  It was so much fun!  We did so many things and I loved it.  I won't bore you with too many details, but I'll try to post some pictures...Sam's pictures (I didn't take many myself).  If you ever go to D.C.  I highly recommend going to Mt. Vernon, getting tickets to go up the Washington Monument, and hitting Arlington.  I love the changing of the guard and there are some cool things to see there.  We walked around so much that my legs were sore a couple of the days (and I consider myself to be in pretty good shape).














 There are some pictures for you.  If you'd like to see more you can check out my Dad's blog, or apparently his facebook.  He's much more diligent about getting pictures out than I am.  And just fyi, there was one day we didn't have our cameras because we went to the White House, so yes, you are only getting a taste of what we did.  Also, many places don't allow pictures.  But it was a great vacation and it was so hard to go back to work.  Such is life.  Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm glad you loved your trip! I love the pic of you and Hannah. And also the one of Sam with his Abe Lincoln beard right next to Abe Lincoln. :)

Sandy Brunson said...

So fun! I'm a little jealous of your trip. I have a solution for you about going back to work. Get pregnant and then quit. I'm loving it so far! We'll see what happens when the baby actually arrives...

Lynda/Mom said...

Love it! I have a recent reluctance to get on an airplane, but I may need to get over it and follow in your footsteps. Maybe I should get in shape first. Aunt Lynda

liesel said...

sounds like fun! I like DC a lot. The air and space museum was probably my favorite.