Sunday, November 30, 2008

Confession

Yes, I went to see the Twilight movie. I know, I am pathetic. I do want to say that it was not my idea...sorry Michael. My friend, Michael, and I decided to go to dinner one day and then he suggested going to a movie. There's really not much good out there right now, folks. (He had already seen James Bond.) So, Twilight it was. Sorry to all those hard core fans, but that movie made me throw-up a little in my mouth. At one point I leaned over to Michael and said, "If they do one more sequence with that stupid song playing and those two characters just looking at each other, I am out of here." They did do it again, but I stuck around anyway.

That brings me to my whole Twilight confusion. Could someone please tell me what is so attractive about a "person" that is cold as ice, pale as none other, and often has big dark circles under his eyes? I don't get it. So, yes, I am totally a Jacob supporter. But...since I hate Bella, I'm glad that she ends up with the Vampire.

9 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

I love this post. I haven't read the books or seen the movie, but have admitted that I feel like I need to. I feel like I'm missing out on something and I don't really understand why. Why oh why am I so concerned about teenage vampires?

Sandy Brunson said...

And I totally agree with Laura. Everyone is obsessed and I have no desire for any of it. And I even like teen pop trash.

candiceshawnshepherd said...

lol- So I really liked the movie- but the only reason I did was because I read the books. Which I had to do since I'm in YW and had to try and stay somewhat "with it"- my mom saw it with us and since she hadn't read the books she also didn't like it... the movie I made in my head, while reading the books was way better though :0)

Barbara said...

I also have a very hard time understanding what the great interest is in these books. I'll admit I haven't read any of them, but I've been told enough about what they are to be convinced that it is not worth my time. I could be wrong . . . but somehow I don't think so.

MaryAnn said...

Well - call me crazy, but I liked the movie. Maybe it's because it's the only think I've seen in the theater in ages and I was spell bound by the big screen. I am now reading the book - which I also am enjoying, but maybe it's because I haven't read a book in ages.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Di, I thought you'd read these books. I know plenty of educated, respected people of my age who devoure these books. So far, I am with the majority of those above, and have no desire to join the movement. Maybe later, much later, I might try reading one book.

liesel said...

I'm so with you D. Totally. I haven't read, or seen them, and don't ever plan to. I've heard enough to loose any tiny speck of interest I may have ever had. Honestly, vampires are creepy.

SuziQ said...

I'm a loser. Liked the books and the movie. I'll admit it!

Shamelessly said...

Ok I'm late but I'll chime in. READ the books. Don't see what the big deal is. They are easy, cheesy and not at all that special. I've ready better books that didn't make me wish the charecters were real so I could KILL THEM.

Haven't seen the movie, but after my love for the books are you surprised? Her novel "The Host" is better in my opinion.