Sunday, March 18, 2012

You can thank Joy

So, last Thursday I had my 28 week check up.  Due to some irregularity with my uterus, I was having an ultrasound as well as the normal doctor visit.  Sam and I went in to the room where the ultrasound technician was and she, Joy, asked if we were just checking that irregularity.  I responded in the affirmative.  She proceeded with the ultrasound and practically the first thing she said was, "There's the boy part."  I sat up a little and looked at Sam, wondering if I had just heard what I thought I had.  He had a shocked looked on his face so Joy said, "Isn't that what I told you last time?"  I said, "No.  You didn't tell us last time because we weren't going to find out."  She apologized and continued with the ultrasound, and apologized many more times.

We were pretty bothered the rest of the day, but what can ya do??  So we told our families on Sunday by presenting them with some blue-frosted cupcakes.  We were disappointed to find out what we are having earlier than we wanted, but are excited for our son.  And, just FYI, he is measuring a little small for how far along I am, but nothing to be concerned about, and not enough that they would change my due date.  So, for any of you that were just dying to find out what we are having, you can thank Joy for the early revelation.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks, Joy! I'm sure Grandma Cornaby is a big fan of Joy now. :) Congrats, Di and Sam! He will be a cute little baseball fan!!

Alana said...

What a stinker! But hey- boys are pretty Dang fun. Congratulations and good luck with the rest if your pregnancy.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I still can't get over the fact that you found out when you didn't want to know. I am glad you are getting over it and moving forward with the info. It does make me want to go and find the cutest boy outfit to give you. But, we'll see if I follow through with that desire.

candiceshawnshepherd said...

Oh my gosh- I need to update your link on my google reader! Yay for Joy being so unprofessional! Congrats you guys- boys are so fun!!